UA-45446743-1

Monday, February 23, 2009

Meetup for NEBTR

Was a huge success!!

We ended up with almost 30 BT's there, along with 1 SharPei and my nephew, Quincy the poodle (who is Emmetts best playtime buddy). Joy came with Cal and Emily and Jeff came with Amber and Chance. Amber looks great and did really well with the huge crowd of dogs and people. All of the dogs had a great time and should be sleeping very soundly tonight. My Emmett, who is usually completely overwhelmed in situations like this one did great. I am really proud of him. Poor Bingo was not allowed to play because he had surgery to remove more of a mast cell tumor last week. He would have just loved to get in the middle of it all!

The MeetUp folks brought literally more stuff than I could fit in my car.....My boss graciously allowed Joy and I to store the stuff in the storage area upstairs. In the next few days I will make an inventory of what was donated and forward to you, Sheryl to figure out what to do with it all. There are beds, leashes, collars, coats, food, treats, toys and more. We did get a few cash and check donations which I will forward to you, Victoria.

It ws an exhausting day for me, but so worth it. I took pictures, but believe the dogs were moving so quickly that I only got portions of BT bodies in the pics LOL.

Lisa Berkenstock, my very good friend and most wonderful dog trainer was there for about 1 1/2 hours answering questions and playing with the dogs.

Anyone interested in joining the Greater Philly BT Meet Up Group - go to www.meetup.com and search boston terrier. I believe there is also a BT group in Lancaster and one in NY. The group today had so many super nice people with HUGE hearts to give so much to help BT's in need.

Thank you, Joy, for helping me vaccuum, mop and move everything to the storage area!!

--Barb

WOW!! What a great time today! It was great to see Emily, Jeff and Barb--I'll post pictures later. It was a blast watching 20+ Bostons running around, barking, playing, chasing balls, etc. Cal is absolutely exhausted and all he did was jump on everybody .
We got a ton of wonderful donations, too. What a generous, kind group of people.
I can't think of a better way to have spent a nice, spring-like day in Feb.
GREAT JOB, Barb!

--Joy and comatose Cal

No comments: