UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Gotcha Day Penny!

I HATE the rain and don't even get me started on the bath but this hose thing is AMAZING.


When she first arrived.


I like to watch TV with my dad. Usually it's baseball but sometimes he lets me watch Animal Planet.


Happy Halloween!


I LOVE the car!!


Anniversary day! (She has on Chris' 40th Birthday Hat)

Penny and the kill. Her favorite toy that she suckles on.


She DOES not like getting her picture taken!


I'm SO thirsty, good thing I can drink out of this water bottle!


Strap me in, I'm ready to go!






Hi all-
I've been kind of putting off writing this email because I just don't know how to put my feelings into words.

Monday, 12/12 marked Penny's one year anniversary with us and honestly I can't imagine what our home was like without her. She makes us laugh everyday and gives us love like we never imagined. Chris (my husband) wasn't really a dog person when I met him but then I told him it was a deal breaker. I had waited a loooong time to get a dog (I traveled for work all the time, not the right time for a dog. I lived in NYC in a tiny apt, no dog. I was getting my Masters, no dog.) Finally I was done with school and settled down and I was getting a dog. Chris and I would have conversations about it and he'd say that our future dog wouldn't be allowed on the couch, on the bed and the dog definitely wouldn't be kissing him.

Lies. Not only is Penny on the couch, on the bed but she loves her daddy and showers him with kisses constantly. When she attacks him, he laughs in a way I have never heard before and I can't even get him to laugh like that!

Penny (formerly Alicia) is an irreplaceable part of our home and we have all of you to thank for that. Which brings me to thanking all of you, the volunteers, of NEBTR. I have now been involved in the rescue for a year and love the community that has been created and the work that we all do. I never feel that I can do enough but I know that any bit I do makes a difference. When I think about these poor animals and what they have been through it breaks my heart. It's comforting to know there are good people out there that are looking out for them. I also want to thank you all for taking time to answer the multiple questions I have asked the rescue over the year- again, so thoughtful!

So, happy anniversary Penny!! And to all of you, thank you for everything.

Sara, Chris and PENNY!
Collingswood, NJ

No comments: