UA-45446743-1

Monday, October 22, 2012

New Foster, Clark



Please meet new foster Clark. He came from a shelter in Rochester.
Clark is around five years old, housebroken, and very sweet.

Keep an eye out for Clark, he won't last long!

Foster Dad John Gilligan writes,

"I've had Clark for almost a week and wanted to send a quick update on this guy. He's made a lot of progress in a very short time.

Thank you Rhea for getting Clark out of the shelter and the great care you provided him before he came to stay with me. The info you provided me with, as well as your care package was a big help!

Clark has adjusted well since bringing him home last Saturday. He's been playing nice with my 3-year old, Caoimhe and enjoying our long daily walks/hikes. I'm still keeping the dogs separate during the day while I'm at work. I'll continue to watch them both as we all settle into new surroundings, routines, etc.

Clark has a few medical issues, and I've taken him to my vet for a better evaluation. His left eye is cloudy and it's yet to be determined what the cause is. I was given some eyedrops that I've had him on since Monday and it looks like it might be clearing up a bit. Clark can definitely see out of this eye. I'll be taking him back on Monday for a follow-up.

Clark also had some serious sneezing and snot flinging going on when I first brought him home. I continue giving him Benadryl that Rhea started last week and also have some pills my vet had given us. This issue is clearing up quickly .

Clark could stand to gain some weight as he's very skinny. I'm guessing five+ pounds will thicken him up a bit (he's currently 17 pounds). The vet suggested keeping him on 3/4 cup food twice a day. My Caoimhe is also 17 pounds and eats 1/2 cup twice daily, so I'm thinking he'll start putting on some pounds within the next few weeks.

He's very good on the leash and he comes when he's called. Clark loves when we all sit on the couch after dinner. I wrap both dogs in their fleece blankets and the snoring starts.

This is a well-behaved, socialized, happy dog. I'm sure that this guy will be ready to adopt soon. "

No comments: