UA-45446743-1

Friday, March 22, 2013

New Foster Penny Lane


Sharon Sweeney writes:

Meet Penny Lane( I am a huge beatles fan). Her name should really be yoda or bunny...This girl continues to amaze me with every passing minute. She was in a puppy mill for at least 8 years - in a cage- never knowing human kindness; never smelling grass or eating food from a bowl, you know the drill... She was shaking  and stinky when Jodi Groff( ANGEL) met me and gave me this treasure.. Took her for a bath and grooming at Petmsart( I have rescued many dogs so they fit me in).

She loves my dogs and my two rescues( my own dogs) adore her. My one girl ,Chelsea( 7 years old)  has seemed to adopt her and is trying to engage her in a squeaky ball play( a first for Chelsea). Sweet Penny will now walk on a leash, eat from a bowl, allow me to massage her, follows all of us around in the house. She is with me in the bedroom in a pet bed which I enticed her in by putting a small soft treat in an open bone..

She has rotten teeth. She was supposed to be spayed and have her two really bad teeth removed tomorrow but she has terrible itchy skin. I initially gave her chicken and rice for about 8 days and then gave her Blue small breed food with innova whitefish( recommended by a Boston terrier owner whose dog had major food allergies). She has been itching her body since I received her but she started licking her paws and now has a huge boo-boo in between the toes on her paws.... The vet gave her a shot and prenizone and an antibiotic to help deal with this. The sore she created was huge.. This does not address the origin of the problem and I hope to address this issue with Linda today.

She is amazing - she is a wonder girl and here come the pictures.....I have rescue Many dogs but she is the treasure...She has taught me so much...and I pray that I can offer her a better life.

Thank you Sharon from the bottom of our hearts for all that you are doing for this beautiful girl!  You are amazing for showing her a new life!






No comments: