UA-45446743-1

Monday, February 9, 2015

New Foster Bella


New foster Bella arrived yesterday!  She's a little black and white girl, ten or twelve lbs max, six years old, and very scared and shy.  Apparent that her health care has been neglected: not spayed, cataract in left eye, dry eye in left eye that has been untreated for the past three months and appears very scared, may also be infection in left eye, nasty looking growth on lip, limited use of left rear leg, very thin, and appears that she might have had puppies.  

My gorgeous redhead, Abigail, tried to make friends, but Bella is terrified.  I'll be able to get her to the vet on Wednesday, after the snow stops and the roads are cleared.  I hope that the vet finds nothing more is wrong.

I'm heading out this a.m. to the store for eye drops, healthy food that might tempt her and chicken if prepared food doesn't work.

Bella is glued to me, I can't be out of her sight, she prefers huddling next to me, poor little girl, I feel so bad for her.

Jeanne Dross

So grateful that she's in the rescue. And I have no doubt that within time she's going to feel love and safety like she's never felt before, and thrive! Good luck keep us posted. - Jennifer

No comments: