UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Happy Gotcha Day Scooby Doo



 Let me see I have so much to be thankful for... when Scooby came into my life. I had lost my Boston Terrier named Bobby awhile back. He was my late husband's dog so when I lost him it was as though I had lost the last part of my husband that I had to hang onto. I wasn't even sure if I wanted another dog in my life and didn't for some time. But once you have owned Bostons you're addicted and I knew Bobby would have welcomed another dog.

I then decided to join NEBTR and if a dog was meant to be in my life again it would happen through fostering. Well little did I know the first dog that arrived at my home would be Scooby Doo. He had been abandoned out of a car and he looked at every car as though they were his owners returning for him;  that  broke my heart. Even though I never really thought about it.....................I was abandoned  also but by no fault of my husband's. The more Scooby stopped watching every car that passed expecting them to take him home I realized that Scooby just like me needed him as much as he needed me. Not that I didn't love him already but it became so clear that we were so much in need of each other.

The best day of my life has been since I adopted Scooby and he's such a huge part of my life now. He has attended every adoption event that I have been to and it's as though he knows what to do to make people feel happy when he gives his loving licks. He lays it on to the adults but seems to know that babies need more gentle kisses. But you know what the best thing of all is...........................that  Scooby Doo saves the best kisses of all for me !!!!! I LOVE YOU SCOOBY DOO!! thank you so much for coming into my life

Bonnie Towner

Bonnie, what a great Happy Gotcha Day story!  You are both so lucky to have found each other.


Oh my....There is a large lump in my throat. Your story was heartfelt. I can only imagine your sorrow when your husband passed and then soon after your beloved Bobby.  There are no coincidences in life, I truly believe that things happen for a reason, although at the time we don't understand why bad things happen or great things happen to us.

Scooby Doo did come into your life - your world for many reasons. One of the greatest things that Scooby has done for you was to make you smile once again. You saw in him something that no one else cared to open their hearts to see. For Scooby his abandonment was so undeserving, as your husbands death was for you.

Enjoy those kisses from Scooby...you and he are a match made from heaven...Your husband lives on in Scooby and so does Bobby.

Happy gotcha day, Scooby Doo!!

Joyce
 

No comments: