UA-45446743-1

Monday, February 8, 2016

Olive Goes to the Rainbow Bridge

Our deepest sympathy to Tammy Trivelpiece and family on their loss of Olive.  Olive has been the big sister to many NEBTR fosters, showing them how to be loving any loyal family members.

Tammy writes:



Olive has been with us for over 10 years.  She came to us by people who Adopted her through NEBTR when she was a very young dog, By the time Olive was 5, she was back into NEBTR's hands and into mine.  We knew from the day she arrived that she was going nowhere.

Going blind and Scared, Olive  needed a bit of reassurance and tender loving care.  In no time, she was able to keep up with the BIG dogs! she made it known that she would take NO crap from any of them.
She knew she was HOME.

We helped her when she became totally blind by age 6.  We would make sure things were in the same place, clapped our hands to guide her.

Soon, She didn't want our help.  She had this spunk and determination to do everything on her own.  That is what we love most about her.  her determination  and strength!
She has helped so many of our NEBTR's Fosters.  She was right there every time a new foster came in.

Between Olive and our Little Sara we lost a few months ago, the two of them have helped rehabilitate every single foster we have ever had.  Including the big ones.

Olive is a very special dog.  She is Now 15 and a half years old.  She has fought the fight! like I said, she has a determination.  But suddenly last night, things went all wrong.  She has let us know that it is time.




Our hearts are broken,
our  tears are flowing
but OLIVE will forever remain........


Sincerely,
Tammy Trivelpiece and Family
 

And here is Olive's story:



                                                OLIVE, A true Boston Terrier Rescue Story.
January 25, 2016

My life is uncertain.
My Path is unclear.
I have ended up in Rescue, but that is Fine with me.
Now I am going to my home.  Oh what a grand day, but something happens   along the way.
They say I nipped at the boy, they say I am going blind.  So instead of loving me unconditionally, they said goodbye.
They took me and my stuff, all that I have known, and drove me for hours to another  home.
The lady at the door smiled and held me tight.  The people who promised to love me, just waved goodbye.   Now here I am, older and sad.  But this Lady reassures me that I have found my way.
She pets me so gentle, she hugs me tight, Hey, they have two daughters who love me as well! 
I am not really fond of the big dogs, they get in my way, but , the lady just smiles and says that everything is ok.
My life is uncertain, my path is unclear, but not anymore says the lady with tears.  She says I am staying, She says I am home.  She says she will love me forever, and nothing else matters. 
She has taught me to find my way when I became blind, she showed me how to be.  She said take no crap from the big dogs, she says it is ok.  I have found that in the last 10 years I have been here that there are good people in this world. That unconditional love goes both ways.  I have found that no matter what path we take, or how life is, one thing is for certain,   Hope is all we have, and Hope will bring us home.
I am now very old, and not doing well. My mommy just watches me and tells me it is ok.  They love me so much and I love them, but when it is time, I want them to know, that they were the best humans, and I am grateful, that my path and my life ended with them……


Olive Trivelpiece
Fostered and adopted by the Trivelpiece Family in 2005.   Olive was 5 years old at the time and going blind.  She is now 15 and ½ years old.  


I'm so sorry to hear the news about Olive. She sounds amazing and was so blessed to have you and your family to care for her for so many joy-filled years. I'm sure she knew how much she is loved!  

Deb



1 comment:

TimTad said...

Very sorry for your loss of Olive. Having had a very bad break with her loss of vision, she found the very best loving home she wanted and hoped for. You gave her her dignity back.
Having lost my 10 year old Boston (Taddy) to a sarcoma last month I do share your sadness.
Tim