UA-45446743-1

Monday, December 26, 2016

First Christmas for Forever Foster Ella


As I sit here today I can’t help but feel thankful for all that I have gained this past year. The knowledge, sloppy wet kisses and friendships with both dogs and humans is more than I could have ever imagined. Being a part of NEBTR, is the definition of a team. A team where we all have a job, and we all work together for one cause, Boston’s.

As I reflect, on jumping in with both feet, I mostly think of Ella and her journey. Yes, there have been other fosters this past year, and all have left a paw print on my heart. But Ella has been the one that needs me the most, and she has become a forever virtual foster. https://www.facebook.com/EllaVirtualFoster/
 
Ella’s estimated age is 8, but to me, she will be 1 on January 13th. Ella has had a lot of 1st’s this year. Just a few of many, first bath, vet visit, toy, treat, car ride and first time anyone has shown her unconditional love. It’s possibly the first time in her life that she’s not bad, hungry, neglected or abused.

Ella’s story is not unlike many other dogs who come into rescue, who come to us from shelters with little to no information. Most foster families express so much joy when our rescue dogs do the smallest of things like giving their 1st kiss, sitting for a treat or going outdoors to do their business.
Fostering and being a member of NEBTR is a job like no other. You can save and change a life of a very deserving dog. Mentor them, and watch them bloom in their new forever homes. The Joy and Love is abundant. http://nebostonrescue.com/?p=154

Desiree
Foster Mom to Ella

No comments: