UA-45446743-1

Saturday, January 10, 2009

From Bea's Forever Mom

Here is the email I got with the update on Bea. She is living in luxury! (Cody is Bea's mom's other Boston who is also 5)

--Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you until now. I had this awful flu and today is the first day I am functioning normally. The good thing is that I stayed home from work all week and got to spend a lot of time with Bea and Cody. So I wanted to update you.

The dogs are doing extremely well and absolutely adore each other. Yesterday, they played so much all day that they were like zombies, sleeping by 7 pm and out cold. They both sleep with me in bed and we have a system where Bea sleeps on my left and Cody sleeps on my right. In the morning, they wake up and immediately begin play. It's a sight to enjoy for me.

Bea has transformed--literally. Her back legs have gotten stronger in just a week. She leaps and bounds after Cody, and even my parents were saying how she already looks ten times better. Pretty soon, with all of the play time, I think she will have full use of all limbs. She basically has that right now.

I don't have a digital camera but I am buying film for my camera today and will start taking pics. Bea has a beautiful new collar and raincoat, and we visited my vet just to get a file on her started and have her checked out. I started her on her heartworm meds and she is eating Hills Science diet, what my vet loves (and he is an amazing vet).

Bea had a few accidents but she is getting much better. I am using the bell method where I leave a bell by the door and ring it when we go outside, and I lather her with affection and treats when she goes potty outside. It is working very well. The only accident she had was yesterday, during a downpour, where she refused to leave the house and managed to sneak away and poop on the carpet. But after that I bought her a rain jacket so no more excuses for me or her:)

I'll send you pics as soon as I get them done. I wanted you to know that she is in puppy paradise and so spoiled. This morning, we were outside playing fetch with Cody. I try to teach her to fetch but she is more interested in chasing Cody at this point. But I couldn't stop laughing because she chases leaves!! Poor thing doesn't know anything about life yet. She will though.

Anyway thanks again and I apologize again for being so ill and short when I met you. I'm terrible at being sick. Hope you are well and look forward to talking to you soon.

Love always,
Cody, Bea and Theryn

No comments: