UA-45446743-1

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Denice's Transformations







It has been less than 6 months now since NEBTR entrusted me with my first foster dog Tigger, 2 days before Christmas.  When I just updated Puka's addendum, I almost missed how amazingly these dogs transformed in such a short time.  See if you can tell the before and after pictures!

"Spook" Puka was picked up from Jersey City on May 3rd dirty, frail, timid and wobbly.  I remember writing to the group because on day 2 she still would not eat, leave her bed, play, or walk much.  Her posture was weak and her back legs curved under and seemed almost wasting from disuse.  She didn't know how to play with toys or interact with my other dogs.  Now, she has filled out and runs with leaps and bounds through the back yard, and runs to the toy bin to grab a toy even before she goes out in the morning.  You would never believe this vibrant happy girl was ever such a poor sad soul only 1 month ago!  I can't believe she may be going to a furever home in Pittsburgh next week already!

Wrigley came on March 9th, so skinny his head looked huge, dirty, and sad from a home in Queens.  He was the sweetest boy ever, even from the drive home, but unneutered, and all he thought about was humping.  He is now the happiest, goofiest, playful little instigator who has filled out beautifully, and is the joy of my mother's life right now.  I bring him over for play dates whenever I can just because he's such a fun boy to have around.

Tigger came from Brooklyn on December 23rd uncivilized and lifting his leg everywhere-even on his transporters and in the car.  He was a young Tasmanian Devil type nut-job, but a diamond in the rough.  We couldn't let him go-adoption came soon after his first visit to a potential adoption family...  Now, he is guiding and helping my new fosters, and doing an obedient sit-stay in the middle of a crew of distracting fellow Bostons.  He is a Love!!!!

I am soooo happy to have been able to play even a little part in improving the lives of these poor, lost souls. This is a great and very rewarding volunteer and rescue program to be a part of, and I never knew how rewarding it was to provide such a simple act of charity in dog rescue.

Denice, Jackson, NJ

Denice; I told you before and I’ll say it again, you are awesome. These dogs are not turning themselves around, they need love, care and much needed attention. Not one but 3 in 6 months is terrific and the foster moms in this group that do that year over year will tell you its not easy. So to you and to all the foster moms in this group, Rock On!!

Stacie Kyle

No comments: