UA-45446743-1

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Max Day 2

Good morning all!! here is another update on my new foster boy Max!! He is doing FANTASTIC!! He gets along with everything and everyone!! So easy going and funny!! He loves to play fetch!! AND CATCH!! He hardly ever misses a throw in the air!! He cant get enough of it! Inside, outside it doesnt matter! He eats well, and very alert and active. He knows his name and comes when you call him. He knows sit, paw, other paw, and 'go around. ( i am teaching him that!!) thats when he goes around in a circle to get a treat! lol.  He sleeps well and thru the night. not a peep out of him. He goes into his crate (with his tennis ball in tow) and lays down and goes to sleep. He doesnt seem like he is much of a lap dog, or couch potato. He is a great watch dog as we have lots of dogs in the neighborhood and he likes to communicate with them. not often. just when daisy (my beagle) starts to bark at something she hears, he will bark also. Today will be his first test, we will leave him alone while we all go to church, about 2 hours. I will block him in the kitchen and listen to see if he barks or cries when we leave. 

He did GREAT at the groomers yesterday, they said he was very sweet. He wasnt crazy about the bath but he tolerated it without issues. Ears were pretty clean, and he did need his nailed clipped. Had a VERY scary incident happen as we were leaving the groomers. As we walked out the door, there was a young girl walking a VERY BIG dog, (too big for her to handle in my opinion!), well I had just shut the door behind me and I turn around and there this dog is sniffing Max, I held onto Max very close to me and tightly...as the girl tried to pull this big dog back but was no match, but the big dog started to growl a bit and then Max started to growl and it could have been very ugly if I didnt swoop Max up and the Dad following behind to the leash from the girl and pull the dog back. OH BOY!! was I scared! I just think Max reacted normally and doesnt have any dog agression issues, he has not even blinked at my brew...so i just need to beware of big dogs that would like to eat Max as a snack!! 

He takes nice naps during the day. I really have nothing bad to say about him. You would never know he was going to be 11 in July...!! He would be a great fit in any family with kids young and old, cats, dogs, doesnt matter. loves when my hubby plays with him. I will be calling the vet tomorrow morning to schedule his appt. I did find something that concerns me though while petting him, on his right side, lower rib area, I found a small, grape size mass that moves around. I will have the vet check it and hope its nothing serious. Will keep everyone updated of anything new. I post alot of pics on my FB page and videos too..so if you want to check him out you can friend me on FB if you havent already. Christine Sutton Manzella and Max is my current FB profile pic. 

I would like to get him a few things from amazon, so i would like to set up a wish list for him. I forgot how to do it. So can someone help? thanks and Have a great day everyone!!



 Christine and Max
Shaverton PA

Oh, he's a cute little man.  Thanks for helping him!

No comments: