UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

School Fundraiser


I just thought I would share with the group another fundraiser that I did with my students at school that earned some more money for NEBTR. I organized a school wide talent show and for the night performance, my students set up a donation table to raise money for dogs in need. We received $80 in donations and I am splitting the donations between NEBTR and another rescue group.

After the first fundraiser that my class did, my students became very interested in helping raise money for dogs in need. It was their idea to set up a donation table at the talent show, which was a wonderful idea. Also, in the past month, 2 of my students' families adopted dogs from rescue groups. Both families told me that they decided to adopt because of the impact that my first fundraiser project had on the students. I will be doing another fundraiser next year. I am grateful that I am in a position where I can educate the children while they are young and hopefully have a lasting impact on their attitudes towards animals and helping animals in need.

--contributed by Janice

No comments: