Saturday, January 23, 2016
Friday, January 22, 2016
There is a blizzard upon the majority of us in the Northeast! How will you prepare your Boston for the snow? Here are some tips:
- Have your pup wear a jacket or sweater outside...as we know Bostons don't have much fur, and that freezing air can cause dry, itchy, and irritated skin. Always towel dry your dog after coming in from outside to help them warm back up.
- After a walk or potty trip outside, wash and dry your dog's feet and stomach...making sure to get in between those toes! Any salt, ice, or chemicals can be very harmful to dogs, especially ones who tend to lick their paws. Massaging a paw protecting wax (I suggest Musher's Secret) can help protect your dog's feet from salt and chemical agents. If your dog doesn't mind wearing booties - those are the best option!
- Make sure your fur baby has a warm place to relax and sleep off of the floor and away from cold air drafts.
- Bathe your dog as little as possible during freezing temperatures, this can remove essential oils that protect their skin during the cold. If a bath is necessary, ask your vet for a moisturizing shampoo recommendation.
- As always, if it is too cold outside for you, it is WAY too cold for your pet. Keep walks short and simple. Enjoy the snow from indoors and take advantage of those wonderful Boston snuggles under the covers!
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Former foster Gus is famously happy in his new home!! yea Gus. He is very very much loved!
Posted by Northeast Boston Terrier Rescue on Tuesday, 19 January 2016
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
It was a successful weekend for Bugsy! He went to his furever home with his new parents and fur sibling Scooter. Check him out on adoption day! All smiles! Congrats Bugs, we couldn’t be happier!
Such great news. I love Bugsy's smile! Great job Jeanine! Enjoy your new home Bugsy...