UA-45446743-1

Monday, April 6, 2009

Ambrosia is Wonderful!



Here is a note from Ambrosia's (f.k.a. Amber) new Mommy. Ambrosia was a puppymill momma adopted from us in February. I am so happy she continues to make progress with her new owner (she was set back a bit going from foster to her forever home).

Emily

"Ambrosia is Wonderful!"

Emily & Jeff,
I haven't written in a while and wanted to give you an update. Ambrosia is doing great! My hands have healed and she has bonded with me a lot more. Her little accidents in the house have greatly reduced. If she does have an accident now she will go into the kitchen to have them, which I would rather her do if she must. She still makes tiny puddles now and then that are unexplained and right after I saw her go outside. I have also noticed a strange thing that could only be a coincidence, but in the middle of the night she will wake me up my shaking (her collar jingles then) and will be right next to my bed staring at me. I get up and take her outside and she goes right out to do her thing. I truly believe she is doing this because she has to go, and it has happened in this manner many times, she has still had no accidents in my room at all.

Ambrosia has also started a new little ritual in the morning. As soon as my alarm clock goes off she stretches and comes over next to my bed, and if I don't get up or stir right away she will start to bark and jump around in an exited manner. Unfortunately she doesn't understand that I like to push snooze a few times before getting up. I think all the excitement if for breakfast! I am still working on a strategy to get a few more minuets of sleep.

She has also shown signs of bonding my jumping up onto my bed while I was in it during a thunderstorm, she never gets on the bed. Today we had another thunderstorm and as soo n as I sat on the couch she jumped up into my lap! The only problem is that I instinctively went to put my arms around her and she jumped right out of my lap, but she did sit close by and let me pet her until the thunder passed.

We have been taking a lot of walks in the woods together and she is starting to get the hang up keeping up a good pace while I am walking (as long as I allow for breaks when she catches a really good wiff of something)!

Putting on harnesses and jackets is still like dressing a wild orangutan, but once everything is on she likes the warmth and doesn't shake like a leaf.

We are making great strides and it is hard to believe it has been less than two months already!

I hope everything is well with you both!

Sandy

No comments: