UA-45446743-1

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Paddy the Puppy Day 2

I learned a very valuable bit of info today. I've always known that a tired puppy is a good puppy. Today, I figured out a sure-fire way to tire that puppy out. I introduced Paddy to Cal last night. They played non-stop for a couple of hours in the back yard. Today, I introduced Paddy to Paige, my 10 y/o greyhound. Paddy was play bouncing at her, yapping at her, etc which of course, totally charged Paige up. All at once, Paige took off to run "The Riley Stakes" and little Paddy was right with her--for about 30 feet . Paige ran 4 or 5 laps with Paddy in pursuit--but, Paddy's laps kept getting smaller and smaller. He finally walked over next to me, gave me this look like, "Holy cow! What's up with that dog?" and proceeded to collapse! It was hilarious. We came back in the house, Paddy guzzled some water and walked right into his crate. He's been in there for the last hour, sometimes chewing on a hoof, but otherwise snoozing!
Tomorrow, he meets Rebel, my grumpy-old-man 12 y/o greyhound. Then, we'll figure out how/when he'll meet Beadoe. They can see each other through the babygates and they haven't had any words today, so I'm keeping all paws crossed.
I don't know how in the world I'm going to get any work done this week. I'm having WAY too much fun playing with the doggies.

Joy

And, BTW, Paige is also completely comatose!

No comments: