UA-45446743-1

Monday, December 27, 2010

Foster Joe




Recently, I got my new foster boy Joe. He is 18 lbs. and very thin, you can see his back bone. He is an all black beauty and 5 yrs. old.

Joe was rescued by Best Friends Animal Society along with 27 other dogs from a puppy mill. They were all slated to be euthanized. The Animal Rescue Fund (a shelter on Long Island) partners with Best Friends and helps them with special medical needs dogs so they had Joe shipped here along with a few others on 08/23. Joe was very dirty, had long nails and was very nervous. He was emaciated. For this reason (and after 2 months in the shelter) he wasn’t thriving and no one wanted to adopt him. They then called NEBTR and asked if we could take him.

Joe will heal slowly but surely, but I’m concerned about his eyes. Only a very special person would adopt him. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. I’m glad I have him. He likes my dogs and although he doesn’t play or run, he fit right in. He’s ate their stool a couple of times, but we are keeping him separate from the main dog yard until it is cleaned up. He is absorbing all the activity like a child who never experienced fun. I look forward to a new challenge. He is a very sweet boy and does not bark (YET).

-- Linda Antonelli

No comments: