UA-45446743-1

Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Foster Rocket



Hello everyone! I got Rocky recently,  He is terribly emaciated...this dog has NOT been fed for some time. (I'll post photos today). He has terrible diarrhea I guess from finally getting real food. I am going to try boiled chicken and rice/ potatoes perhaps to be easier on his gut than "dog food". Any and ALL suggestions are welcome to get rid of diarrhea, and fatten him up-- I have NEVER rehabbed an emaciated dog before. He should be a great pla
cement once he's fattened up and neutered. He's only 2 years old and very sweet...great with my 4 year old son and my Italian Greyhound (male)!

 FIVE DAYS LATER

Hello everyone, I have had Rocket for 5 days now and have him on the diet that was recommended to me (this is the dog that was starved) He is getting oats and boiled chicken every 3 hours. I have to say that already he appears to have filled out a little bit and he is full of energy and very friendly. My 4 year old took a chew nylabone off him with no problems at all. Just keeping you all up to date on this little guy's progress! I'll officially weigh him after I've had him 7 days, but his coat is already nice and shiny again, too. 


-- Heather in Perryopolis

1 comment:

J.E. Bolton said...

Bless his little heart. I know he's in good hands now.