UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Update on Parker


We are close to Parker's anniversary date and I thought I would give you an update.  He has turned into a great dog.  After  biting Ken 3 times Parker has turned into his best buddy. My husband does understand that he had great fear and was willing to rehabilitate him.   They play every day.  Parker brings his toys to Ken each morning.  Parker allows Ken to pet him, rub his belly, and scratch behind his ears.  No more growling or flinching.  Parker often jumps up on my chair with me.  We have taken him camping and he loves it.  My daughters  and grandaughter came with us and he was the perfect gentleman.  He loves his walks and of course treat time after dinner.  Our Vet says he is in very good shape. His coat is shiny and he tolerates the bath well.  He follows me whereever I go, all over the house. He doesn't mind the cat, who sometimes swats at him.  He  just gives him plenty of room.   He waits on  the window sill every afternoon for me to come home from work.  When he sees me, he jumps down and runs to tell Ken I'm home. I find him to like the same routine,everyday.  However, he knows what weekends and vacations are.  He gets upset if the camper leaves the yard without him.  The longer we know him the more he understands us. He is really quiet intelligent. He just needed to get past his fears.



Our thanks to you and NEBTR for all the good work you do.  Anne Swain

No comments: