UA-45446743-1

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Update on Uncle Fester



Uncle Fester is doing amazing. Every day he becomes feistier, he's a funny little man. He makes this great trill noise when he gets frustrated. It's like a cat. Being he loves mine so much, I'm thinking that's where he learned it from.

He has bouts of pain, but he is holding his head up high now, I'm so happy for him.
He is slowly trusting new people more, is starting to enjoy being a dog again, and insists on sleeping in between matt and myself. We have the dog bed between our pillows and he loves it!
He still gets scared when you touch him unexpectedly, but will lick you and cuddle on his own accord. He will scream if you catch him off guard.... He gets a glazed over fear look in his eyes. The person that did this to him better hope I never find them. Once his surgery is fully healed up I can start working with him on that issue, but it's very difficult to get control of him since we can't use a training collar yet. He will respond to verbal correction, but it takes him time to calm down. We just announce ours elves for now. My neighbors must think we are crazy "hey uncle, it's me buddy" is heard repeatedly throughout the day. He just still gets scared sometimes but he is going to get past that issue.... He is a sweetheart despite it all and is sleeping on my lap as I type this. He will follow you from room to room and just wants to be picked up and hugged. It's just a matter of time.

Meredith and Matt Festa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would love to know what ended up happening to this guy. My wife and I were married in Nov. 2011 and donated money for him in lieu of table favors. Was randomly thinking of him tonight all these years later.