UA-45446743-1

Monday, February 27, 2012

Boston Terrier Cake Pops and Cupcakes


Check out these adorable Boston Terrier Cake Pops.  They begin with Bakerella's recipe, which can be found in the book Cake Pops, available at Amazon.com.     Then, Monica modified it to be Boston Terriers.  Everything besides the cake ball is marshmallow fondant.  Here are more directions from her:  "Thanks everyone! @ Aida- I painted the candy melt over the base of the fondant ears to blend them together. @Kristie – I don’t sell them. I’m just starting as an occasional hobby – but maybe someday! @ Ann Sage & Robyn: I dipped the entire cake ball in white candy melt. Then painted candy melt dyed black for the black fur. For the ears and snout/nose I used marshmallow fondant. The nose was just a ball I flattened out, then used a toothpick to create the mouth, and painted on a little black candy melt around the mouth. The ears were cone shapes that I just kind of flattened and folded onto itself. Hope that helps!"



 Ashley made the above batch. 


Boston Terrier cupcakes were created by Stacy Lambert.  Stacy says, " I made these cupcakes for a Boston Terrier meetup we're going to. It's a potluck and I thought these would be fun to make. The cupcakes are all made from scratch (devil's food, lemon poppyseed, chocolate coconut, and vanilla) from WBH with BC Dream and Chocolate Decorator's Icing from the recipe section here. The ears are wafer cookies, eyes are M&Ms, noses are jellybeans, and tongues are starbursts."

If you attempt these,  send photos to Ellen and we'll publish them in this blog.

-- Jeanne and Ellen

No comments: