UA-45446743-1

Friday, April 27, 2012

Losing a Pet

 On losing a pet, contributed by Tony Ferrarese

Sorrow fills a barren space,
you close your eyes and see my face
and think of times I made you laugh,
the love we shared,
the bond we had,
the special way I needed you,
the friendship shared by just we two.

The day's too quiet,
the world seems older,
the wind blows now a little colder.

You gaze into the empty air and look for me,
but I'm not there,
I'm in heaven and I watch you,
and I see the world around you too.

I see little souls wearing fur,
souls who bark and souls who purr,
born unwanted and unloved,
I see all this and more above,
I watch them suffer,
I see them cry,
I see them lost,
I watch them die.

I see unwanted thousands born
and when they die, nobody mourns.

These little souls wearing fur,
are castaways who, unlike me,
will never know love or security.

A few short months they starve and roam,
or caged in shelters nobody takes home.

They're special furballs of pleasure,
filled with love and each one, a treasure.

My pain and suffering came to an end,
so don't cry for me, my person, my friend.

But think of the living, those souls with fur,
and though our bond can't be broken apart,
make room for another in your home and in your heart.

(author unknown)

No comments: