UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mami Goes to the Rainbow Bride


Mami, the little girl who was so lovingly fostered by Tammy Trivelpiece, has gone to the rainbow bridge.  What a wonderful gift to be able to help a dog in need. Thank you for helping Mami and making her happy.

Tammy writes, "Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Mami was indeed a special little dog. We foster for a reason! To give every dog a second chance or just to give them dignity before they move on to the rainbow bridge. It isn't easy...never ever easy losing a pet even if it is just a foster. We had Mami over a year! We thought her cancer would have gotten the best of her way before that, but she thrived, and gained weight. We loved her, spoiled her and gave her her own little special place to spend what time she did have without the other dogs bothering her. People always ask me, "how do you do it?" I reply, "BECAUSE they need me" I love all my dogs. even every foster that has come through our door in the past 10 years. I wouldn't change a thing for the world!"

Tammy adds,  "Here is a poem I wrote the day we helped Mami to the rainbow Bridge. As she was laying in John;s arms and I was petting her softly, I pulled out a piece of paper and jotted down a few words I know that Mami was thinking. I put the paper away deep in my purse, but as I was cleaning it out to get it ready for vacation, I came across it.

Don't cry for me, For I am loved. Place me in your hearts for that is where I always be.
 I came to you thin, frail and broken. You gave me love and food.
I finally knew what "living" was all about!
I may have been blind and hard of hearing, but you gave me internal sight and soothing words that I will forever treasure.
You saved me from the unthinkable, I gave you my uncondtional love.
Don't grieve for me, for I am whole again. You are my special Human and I will always watch over you. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for your kindness.
I will be waiting to see you at the Bridge.

Love Mami

Sorry if I made you cry... but I just want you all to know that Fostering Mami has given my family a new meaning of the word. We can foster dogs our whole lives....but it is that end look of gratitude that you see that makes this job the most valuable job on earth. Run free Mami! Run Free

-- TammyTrivelpiece

No comments: