UA-45446743-1

Monday, July 16, 2012

Schroeder Crosses the Rainbow Bridge




Sadly, we note the passing of former foster Schroeder.   He was one of the first fosters of our wonderful foster mom Carolyn McCarthy.  He was adopted by Susan Kerr, who loved and cherished him  He was diagnosed a few months ago with congenital heart failure, and, just shy of his two year adoption anniversary, Schroeder crossed the rainbow bridge.

Susan writes,

"Two years ago today, I adopted the best dog ever. Two days ago, he passed away. He was full of life and very funny. He actually smiled, so much so that a woman came up to me one day and said 'your dog smiles'. He was so very special to me and to everyone that knew him. He never had any attention from the family that gave him away but for the last two years he had everything he ever wanted or needed. He had more love than his little heart could hold and he gave it all back tenfold. I will miss him forever."

Run free and whole, Schroeder.

1 comment:

J.E. Bolton said...

Love and prayers are with you all. I know these precious babies have to pass on, but owning precious, four-legged babies myself it's like losing a child.