UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chibby






Chibby was surrendered by his former family to the New York City Animal Control Shelter.  He came with a lemon sized growth on his anus, which had not been treated.  Fortunately, his luck changed when he was rescued by NEBTR and his foster mom Laurie Williamson.  Laurie writes:

Hi everyone,

My foster child Chibby had his surgery today at the University of Pennsylvania Vet Hospital.  He came to me with a terrible perianal hernia, unneutered and a case of pneumonia.  Dr. Holt called me this afternoon to tell me that the surgery was a success.  He was able to neuter him, repair the hernia and start him on treatment for the pneumonia.  He was impressed at what an awful hernia he had and felt certain that, if not repaired, would have had dire consequences.  U Penn is my A number 1 hospital and am so blessed that they are so close by.  I'll send pictures once I get him home to update everyone.  He will certainly look like a whole new guy and I bet feel 100% better.   He is my dear sweet man and I can't wait to see him tomorrow.  I just love him.

Laurie
Pennsville, NJ

No comments: