UA-45446743-1

Monday, December 21, 2015

Jeter's Progress



I have attached a picture below that shows Jeter's progress after only one week in foster care. He still has a long way to go but just look at how much better his face is! He went to the vet last night and they did a skin scrape which came back good! They also said he had zero sign of a heart murmur, which Jeter was said to previously have. Yay! and I'm waiting for the rest of the test results to come back today.


Diet is so important that just switching him off the cheap terrible food helped tremendously. He's on a wheat/grain free, holistic, limited ingredient dry food with fish as the protein source. I mix that with about a teaspoon of organic, unrefined (virgin), coldpressed coconut oil. He also takes 5mg of Zyrtec once a day.  

I also gave him a bath using some coconut oil! Melted it in hot water while I was shampooing him and then mixed it with lukewarm water and rubbed it into his skin as I was rinsing him. I swear by this stuff! It's good for everything! His skin was soooo dry and flaky...when we picked him up my jeans were just covered in his skin flakes from him just sitting on my lap.



So happy for this boy!

Shawna Ashby



WOW! That is amazing progress Shawna!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful person to this little guy!
Angela