UA-45446743-1

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Meet New Foster Mom Desiree

Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Desiree and I live on Long Island in Southampton, NY  I am excited to get started and can't wait to welcome my first foster.
I lost my girl Chloe' on November 3rd after a battle with CHF that was diagnosed in June 2015.  Thanks to our vet we were able to spend 6 more months with her.  Making the decision to put her down was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I also have a Rottweiler named Bella who is 8, very calm and submissive. 

I first thought about adopting through a rescue, but I kept seeing the pleas for foster homes on every sight.  As I thought more about the ads I knew that's what I had to do to honor my girl.   For every dog I foster and adopt out, that's one less dog that's been euthanized.  


Desiree

No comments: