UA-45446743-1

Thursday, August 11, 2016

BeeBee Trying to Learn How to Play





BeeBee came into our life when a sweet friend, Denise (who made this all possible), with No More Tears Rescue (Mill Dog Rescue) needed help. She needed some help picking up a mill momma in southern Lancaster County. I thought I could never do that. Of all that I do in rescuing, I never thought I could go straight to the mill to pick up dogs. I never thought my heart, or mind, could take it. But then Libre, the neglected and left-for-dead BT came along and he pushed me past my fears. So off we went. The Amish miller wasn't home but the young girls showed me a BT, who is now Tess. I could tell she wasn't well. It was so hot and the poor baby was foaming at the mouth. She was in an open dirt run with a male, who is now Colby Jack. Then they showed me our girl. She was in a rabbit hutch and very scared. I almost died knowing I had to leave two of them behind. So we left and awaited the call back from the miller. I prayed and prayed that we wouldn't have to leave the other two behind. My friend, Denise, who set this all up, mentioned later that he may want to give us all three BTs but we weren't sure until we got there the second time. But we left with all three babies! And well, the rest is history. Thank God!

BeeBee updates. She is so sweet and a beautiful girl. I absolutely LOVE her and so does my husband. She has come out of her shell a little but not a lot. At first she wouldn't even take a treat from our hand. She hasn't barked, whimpered or made a sound. I am hoping she isn't debarked. She now takes treats from our hands. She will lay down next to us on the couch. She loves the couch! But we have yet to figure her out.  She does love to get gentle snuggles, kisses and love but you can tell she is still so very guarded. She wants to love all the love but is so guarded. Her little spirit is so broken.  We want to help her so badly. I would give anything for her to not feel afraid and to be a normal BT. It is heartbreaking.

Heather

No comments: