UA-45446743-1

Friday, November 11, 2016

Zoey Goes to the Rainbow Bridge



Hi everyone,

I have some sad news to share.  My 13 yr old forever foster, Zoey, passed away yesterday. My heart is broken.  I had hoped that "forever" would be a lot longer.  I had a great 15 months with her though.

She apparently had some seizures overnight and just didn't recover.  I found her on the floor unable to use her legs and almost catatonic this morning.  I held her for a while until the vets office opened and we said our goodbyes.  It still doesn't seem real.   She was fine this weekend and was still giving me sass about taking her medicine.  

I knew when I decided to take a senior foster that this would be the end result.  This just isn't something you can ever prepare yourself for.  

I'm very thankful for this group giving her the opportunity to live out her days without worry.  I'm also very thankful for the opportunity to take care of her. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.  

Kristy H

No comments: