UA-45446743-1

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Prayers for Tyler

Hi All,
My old little boy Tyler that I fostered in March and then adopted in April is having a tough time. For those of you who don't know his history, his previous owner passed away the day after he was surrendered to me, so I felt like we were meant to be together. He is the sweetest, most appreciative little guy that I have ever had. I have 4 other dogs ( 2 bostons, 1 adopted boxer and a mini aussie).
He was fine this morning jumping up and down wanting his breakfast and then onto his couch for his morning nap. We then went out for about 4 hours and he was crated. When we came home he was not himself, a little trembly and would not eat his dinner. I watched him for a couple of hours and thought his breathing seemed a little labored and fast, so I called the animal hospital, thankfully they are a 24 hour emergency clinic and they think he has heart failure. There appears to be fluid in his lungs. I am waiting to hear from the cardiologist to see what can be done. He is 11 years old and he does have heart disease that was confirmed by echocardiogram two months ago. Sorry this is so long, just need some good thoughts and prayers for this special old man. Feeling kind of empty tonight. Even with 4 other dogs in the house. I miss him.
Mary Beth

No comments: