UA-45446743-1

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fourth Grade Video Conference

I wanted to update everyone on the video conference that my fourth grade class had with Julie Klam today. Julie was kind enough to take a half an hour out of her day to talk to my students about fostering and answer their questions. She was so informative and interesting to listen to. The kids absolutely loved it...especially when she brought each of her 4 dogs to the camera for them to see:) I heard so many students talking about the call throughout the day. It was pretty neat to see all of them so excited about something. I know this fundraiser project will have a lasting impact on each student in my class. They have all become the biggest dog lovers. The fundraiser actually begins on Monday, but the kids have already donated $80. Our goal is $500. I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome. Thanks again, Julie, for your help!

Julie and Paul (aka Mr. Klam :-) both have a ton of writing and producing experience in both TV and print. You have a couple of real professionals here--who also happen to be awesome NEBTR members. Julie told the story of Dahlia and the *surprise* births of Fiorella and Wisteria. Like Julie's book, "Please Excuse My Daughter"-- the students were touched and amused at the same time.
--Janice

No comments: