UA-45446743-1

Monday, January 5, 2009

The Lilly Chronicles - Part 2

I have to comment about my dogs. Most of you know that I have a houseful. but I am not sure everyone realizes that I have 9 dogs.
5 greys
2 bostons
and 2 doxies
now..most of you think OMG 9
but let me say that They are the most caring wonderful and most forgiving dogs on this planet. (at least I think so) They know we foster. they know that all the dogs that come through here go to a forever home. They help me in training all the fosters that come here. Do they let me know which dogs better not stayhere.??
you bet! esp. my Pugsley..He is a Boston "weather" vane. If it's a dog he knows he can help me with..they stay..if not...I better get another home ASAP because he will NOT tolerate the dog at all.

So...fast forward now to Lilly. Our new mill foster. All the dogs are so willing to help her. They are trying to show her how to go outside and that its alright to come in. She is so scared
that she will not even come near us if she is outside. I have tried the leash thing..but oh my she is not ready for that. So..Lilly is outside. there goes Pugsley..Pugs pees. looks at Lilly
and then comes in. Next its the others..One by one they do the same thing. Tessa even shoved Lilly like..see..this is how it's done. But Lilly still wont come in. she just shakes and runs. The dogs don't give up though..they keep trying a while until they can't pee anymore! lol then they all look at me as if to say..YOUR turn. So then..I have to go out and chase her around until I catch her.

They leave her alone too. I guess they feel she needs rest and peace. I am so amazed that my troops are so patient. They have for the most part been a great deal of support with all the rehabilitation that all these mill dogs have gotten. If it wasn't for them, I think that most of my mill dogs would be here longer and learn less.

So Kudos to my puppers, and to Lilly..she is such a sweet girl and who ever adopts her will will be the luckiest family!

-- Tammy

No comments: