UA-45446743-1

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chicken or Turkey Meatloaf Recipe for Dogs

For those of you who want to cook for your dogs attached is the recipe for turkey loaf.
--Victoria Carter

Chicken or Turkey Loaf

6 packages of ground turkey or ground chicken
1 cup of cooked barley or cooked brown rice (optional)
1 packages of frozen chopped spinach or broccoli
or fresh veggies chopped fine you can improvise on the variety of veggies
does not only have to be spinach and broccoli.sometimes I use zucchini
6 eggs or 1 per package of turkey I use jumbo eggs
1 package organic carrots
¼ cup minced parsley (Optional)
1 cup dry rolled oats (Oatmeal)

NO SALT, PEPPER AND NO ONIONS OR GARLIC

These are rough measurements; you can decrease or increase according to your needs. I prefer not to give my dogs beef. Some dogs have allergies to beef.
Beef has much more fat. I don’t eat it myself.
You can use green beans, broccoli instead of spinach. zuccini

Pre- Heat oven 350
Chop the carrots, and parsley in a food processor. Add to the pot with the and spinach. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well.

For this amount I use 1 lasagna type pan, spray pan with Pam. . Bake for about 30 – 40 mins. Allow to stay in the oven to cool.
. I usually make 2 pans so I double the amounts.

Amount of time in the oven varies according to your oven.
When done it should get brown around the edges and firm to the touch.
Sometimes it takes 45 minutes.

Note- I get 6 or 8 slices a pan 2 pans= 12 or 16 slices. One slice feeds 3 of my dogs
Wrap slices in Tin Foil and freeze, defrost as needed.
How to serve: Take one serving size of turkey loaf put in a plastic bowl, add a little water . Heat for 1 minute (if defrosted, if not 2 or 3 minutes.
Mash the turkey loaf into the water and serve Just a little water is fine, not like soup.

I feed my dogs twice a day. In the morning I give them steamed sweet potatoes with a couple of spoons of cottage cheese. Sometimes Orzo with beoccoli and cottage cheese. About once a week I might add a scrambled egg.

I also give them supplements. In the AM meal I add one capsule flax seed oil.
PM meal. Half teaspoon organic Apple cider vinegar(Bragg brand) from a health food store. Solid Gold Seameal is another supplement I use.

No comments: