UA-45446743-1

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Joy's Day

I telecommute. It's the best thing ever. However, I very much follow a regular office schedule. I get up, let the dogs out, feed the kitty and go to my home office. I usually reappear downstairs around 3:30 or 4 to do turnout. I have 2 dog beds in my home office and I never have less than a greyhound and 2 Bostons there. My other greyhound and Boston are always on my bed.
Long story short, today, I knew something was up. Beadoe (BT) showed up in my office about 10:30 and barfed. Jaime (BT) showed up shortly thereafter, and barfed. Paige, my senior greyhound, who is ALWAYS upstairs in the office, kept giving me the stink eye. I finally figured out by about 12:30 that maybe something was up in the "toy aisle" downstairs. Sure enough, a certain 2 y/o greyhound puppy (I'm guessing) had managed to move a babygate and grab a liter bottle of cannola oil off of the microwave cart. Not only had said greyhound grabbed it, she chewed the top off. My kitchen floor was like a skating rink. Obviously, the barfing was due to the snarfing of the oil.
Aughhh. Anyway, the kids are pretty well oiled and have been fed a ton of bread today to hopefully soak some of it out of their GI tracts.
I've mopped the kitchen floor 3 times--first with Spic'nSpan, second with Spic'nSpan and Clorox Clean Up and third with Comet and me scrubbing on my hands and knees. My kitchen floor is better, but it's still a "skating rink." Any ideas on how to cut through this mess?
I can't WAIT to see the rest of the GI effects...
Thanks!
Joy and the OIL dogs

1 comment:

barbara said...

I use Bac-Out a product by biokleen. It is natural and great in the house.Removed a scripto magic marker (large size)from my rug that the bostons used as a chew toy. Took 4 applications..gone, use it for accidents-doqs, red wine-people. Paint on my hands and brushes after painting. Truly amazing product...have watched doggie stains on my rugs disappear before my eyes....works on oil too :)