UA-45446743-1

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Farewell to Mom Mom



We are very sorry for the loss of one of our rescues, Mom Mom.

She was surrendered to a shelter in February 2008 at the age of 12. She had only a few hours to be rescued before being pts. Amy and Mike rushed to the shelter and took her home. She was suffering from severe allergies and so many senior ailments. She quickly took the hearts of Amy and Mike and they named her "Mom Mom" and they kept her as their own and helped her regain her health. She was a wise "old soul" from whom Amy and Mike learned many lessons of love and compassion. On May 14th, Mom Mom passed away from complications of pneumonia. She was at least 14 years old. We salute Amy and Mike and know they will find Mom Mom waiting for them at the Rainbow Bridge.

As Amy notes, "it will be very difficult because as she always walks behind me, I'll always feel like she is still there, walking just out of sight. So I've told her that when she leaves for Rainbow Bridge I want her to walk behind me still in spirit and I will imagine that she is still there, just as she always has been."

No comments: