UA-45446743-1

Monday, January 31, 2011

Truck and Bomber



My Tootsie's pups (that I kept) were Truck, Dolly, Angel & Sara. The other two Junior & Bomber were sold. I'm a bad breeder (lol). Well Bomber went to a couple in PA. Bomber knew about 50 words by the time he was two, and they raised him so well I was almost embarrassed that he was smarter than all mine together.

They kept the portable house phone on a low table. When the phone rang, Bomber's dad said "please get daddy the phone Bomber". He gently took the phone off the cradle and brought it to his dad. After a hard day of work, he would sit in his recliner chair and tell Bomber "please take off my boots and socks". Bomber meticulously unlaced his boots, pulled them off and then pulled his socks off. Then "please go get daddy his slippers". Bomber not only got the slippers but put them on his feet!

He also ran out every morning, unleashed and got the newspaper. My absolute favorite was mother and dad ran notes between them in Bomber's mouth. Dad would write a note on a piece of paper give it Bomber in his mouth and say "Bomber, bring this to mom". Bomber would run to where ever she was and drop it on the floor in front of her. She would write back something (anything), put the note back in Bomber's mouth and say "Bomber, bring this to daddy". And he would.

I laughed when I heard all these stories and teased that they made Bomber a slave. He was so intelligent and well rounded. Bomber died a few years ago, after Truck and Dolly. They now own another Boston named Truck. When I got the letter from them I cried that they named him after my Truck. Truck and Bomber were the big 30 lb. boys that looked like twins. The other four looked nothing alike and all were about 20 lbs.

I will never forget my beautiful pups and the nice people I have met from them and my fosters. I still talk to Bomber's owners about their new boy Truck. They are so wonderful and of course, he is just as smart as Bomber.

Attached is a pic of Truck & Bomber when they were 9 months old. I drove 5 hours to go visit them for a weekend. Truck is on the left - Bomber on the right.

Linda Antonelli

No comments: