UA-45446743-1

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bingo Crosses the Rainbow Bridge

It is with a very heavy heart I write to tell you I had to let my Bingo go to the bridge last night. Some of you may remember Bingo from the blog post I made when he came back to live with me in 2008.     http://bostonrescue.blogspot.com/search/label/Bingo .  NEBTR did a Chip-in to help with his initial medical expenses which was such a great help to me at that point.

After Bingo's previous owner, his beloved Emma, had a stroke and he came to live out his life with me, we dealt with horrible dental issues, Mast Cell, Atypical Cushings, and a list of other health ailments. But Bing was always happy and easy going. He was a love who would wake me up in the middle of the night by just staring at me intently.... trying to tell me something. I would wake to his face about 6 inches from mine and his eyes focused on my face. He loved belly rubs and relaxing in the sun - belly up of course. He loved walks and car rides, and especially his stuffed bones . He was good with all the other critters, and especially loved my NEBtR foster, Benny when he was here. He was best buddies with my 16 year old ailing cat, Trinity. It was so cute to see them laying together - a chubby old BT man and a skinny old long haired calico cat.

Bing recently had some difficulty with a Hemangioma in his nose along with inflammation and infection. Nasal endoscopy and a good teeth cleaning with Dr Ron Hodges in Allentown diagnosed and allowed us to treat Bing and keep in comfortable for a while. Last weekend Bing seemed to fade.... he was not comfortable and was beginning to have difficulty passing air through his nostrils. He told me yesterday morning that he was ready go to be with Emma again.

I miss my little Chubber, but know I did the right thing for him.

Barb

NOTE:  Bingo was an inspiration to many.  One of our members wrote this about him:

"I am so sorry to hear about Bingo. But please know that it was his story that first inspired me to contribute to NEBTR and then join the group. We had his photo on our refrigerator for years. Please be comforted to know that he is now at peace."


Diane

No comments: