UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Foster Nitro

I just picked up Nitro from the sons of the woman who wanted to put him to sleep. Nitro is 14 and they have had him his entire life. The woman couldn't care for Nitro anymore and thought it was time to put him down.

Her sons intervened and just drove 4 hours from MA to bring him to me so he could be saved. They said he still has life in him and its not his time to go yet. They were very tearful saying good bye to Nitro tonight. I told them Nitro would be in great hands because tomorrow I will bring him to Lisa Vaughn - foster Mom extraordinaire! : )



So Nitro is currently smelling his way around my house - I believe he is about 90% blind - he does not take his nose off the floor and bumps into almost everything. The sons told me he is pretty lively...so far he is calm in my house and putting up with Vivi in his face. She is relentless. Here are some pics...he is a sweet old guy!!

Jerrilyn Walter



And here is Nitro at Lisa's house, being served breakfast in bed!   Lisa is another of our very special volunteers who open their homes to these seniors. So many come our way, and we always have room for them somewhere. Thank you and Lou too, and all who make their lives safe and warm, for however long they have.

No comments: