UA-45446743-1

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jake has a Forever Home! And a New Name!


Jake/Spock's new parents, Sara and Will, describe their first day with their new fur baby:

Just wanted to let you know that Jake (or Spock, as I decided to call him,
since he can't hear to be confused by a new name) is settling in nicely to
his new home. He did excellent on the 3.5 hour drive, just slept the whole
way! He spent a good hour sniffing around the apartment ...
He seems to like walking on the leash around our neighborhood, and he
behaves very nicely on the leash. I've taken to carrying him down our
stairs, since they're a bit steep and he fell last night the first time he
tried them - though he didn't seem hurt at all I don't want to risk any
accidents, and I think his depth perception (or poor eye sight) makes
falling too easy.
He didn't seem interested in the doggy bed I made him to sleep on, he picked out an afghan instead to sleep curled
up on near our bed. He slept through the night (though 6:30 am is a bit
earlier to wake up than I would normally like!), and has been napping most
of the morning next to me on the couch.

No comments: