UA-45446743-1

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Otto Goes to the Rainbow Bridge




Around midnight on December 6, Otto went into a grand mal seizure while he was sleeping. It lasted about 40 minutes and he was unable to come out of it. I cannot believe I am saying this, but he passed away.

My family and I are dumbfounded, heart broken and absolutely beside ourselves. I am truly sick over this. We came to love him so much over the past two months and I know he loved us too.

My heart is very heavy right now...

Jennifer Hanly

Jenn, thank you for being there for Otto at his time of greatest need.    You gave him two months of unconditional love, more than he had his entire life. He left surrounded by love; what a blessing.

Dear Jen and family,

Your notes to us about Otto were always so beautiful and loving.  We know the incredible pain you are all feeling now at his loss and that there will always be a place in your hearts that belongs to him.

Thank you for giving him the best time of his life.

Fondly,

Sheryl and the Board of Directors

And here is Jenn's beautiful thank you note to everyone for their kind words:

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and sympathies.  I must admit that I am very bruised and deeply saddened by Otto's passing.  My partner is equally devastated.  She spends the most time daily with the dogs and Otto just ADORED her.  Whenever she sat, he was in her lap.  He followed her everywhere, even waited for her outside the Ladies Room.  We called him her boyfriend!!

Otto showed no signs of illness and never had a seizure with us.  His very last night was like every other night.  We all go up to the bedroom, both dogs got their little bedtime cookie and then one at a time they get into their bed, were covered with their blankies, got a kiss on the head & went "nite-nite".  (I know - I'm weird, but I am totally ok with it.)  Picture attached.

Otto had the best few months here. He did not deserve to have such a short life or leave us the the way that he did. He was a joy to have and everyone that met him fell in love with him immediately - including our own Members who assisted in his transport, the ladies at our Groomer's and even our Vets.  Two of them came out to personally handle his intake yesterday morning and were shocked that he had passed.

I will be forever grateful to Ms. Ellen Hansen for her kindness and virtual "hand holding" during Otto's seizure and passing.  I was quite hysterical and very emotional.  She was the voice of reason and calmness just when I needed it the most.

Attached is one of our favorite pictures of Otto.  He was a very handsome little boy that we will always carry in our hearts.  I know he is in heaven, running free with my beautiful Boxer girl, Shining, and all the other sweet fur-babies that have passed.

Thank you,

Jenn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Many hearts have been broken from Ottos'passing.It is so sad,and hard to believe.R.I.P.little Otto-man.You are truly loved by all.Cathy Reed

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Steffey said...

I am so sorry to read about Otto. My heart goes out to you. Our little Boston left us almost three months ago, and very suddenly at that. The hole she left behind will take a long time to heal. You and Otto are in my thoughts.