UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Update on Mandy

 


It is clear Puppy Mill Mom Mandy has no idea how to live outside of a cage and has been hidden away from the world all of her existence. She is slowly trusting me and wants pets, always on her belly to back.  I try to avoid her neck.  Unfortunately she still chooses to stay in her crate, the door is always open.

But, something really great is she started coming to the gate when I get home and she hears me greeting my dogs.  She seems happy.to see me and when I move the gate she runs out to me.  Then runs back to crate and continues back and forth.  The one video is when I got home today.  She always runs, never walks.  She is having fun running in the yard.  Video attached from a few weeks ago of her running outside.  She actually wiped out one of the first times she ran outside but she's getting the hang of it!  She's doing great with going potty outside.

-- Leslie Kaucic

That is real progress, Leslie.  Each step toward being a happy little Boston is cause for great celebration for all of us. It's a long, slow road, but the journey will have a happy ending.  Thank you, Leslie, for helping her learn what a dog's life should be.

Update:  After 2 Months from Leslie:

Hi all!
Mandy is finally starting to show some good progress!  Just in the past few weeks she has been getting very happy when I get home.  She runs out to see me and wants pets.  It makes me feel so good that she is excited to see me.  She has not used her pee pads in about 2 wks!  And is recently showing she wants to go outside.     Just in the past few days she's really coming out of the kitchen alot.  She wags her stump and is happy.  At night she gets all wound up and runs around back and forth.  She'll keep wanting outside to tear around the yard. She has also started to pick up toys and carry them into her crate, she's not sure what shes supposed to do.  Tonight as I write she is coming all the way to me in the living room!!  She has been terrified of the TV, pausing at doorway, staring and running back to kitchen.  But tonight she's coming all the way and staying longer.  She's rubbing her body along the couch and wanting to be massaged.  She loves being rubbed now!   I am just thrilled she's choosing to come out!

Leslie
Leslie, what a gift your patience and nurturing are for her!

No comments: