UA-45446743-1

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Marty Plays With Toys

Marty, after spending all his life in the puppy mill, is now learning to be a dog.  Here, he plays with his own toys for the very first time!

Special thanks to Christine Manzella for teaching this boy what love is all about!

 

Christine writes:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to let everyone know how Marty is doing since he was rescued last Thursday. He is doing GREAT!! Everyone that meets him loves him!! Especially my family!! He is getting acclimated and seems to be adjusting well to everyone and everything around him. he LOVES squeaky toys, he loves to play with them and throw them in the air and try to catch them. he sleeps all night and is so quiet. He follows me everywhere just to see what I am doing. He knows his name and comes when I call him. The hubby takes him out for walks in the evening and he says he is so much fun to walk. He is wonderful on the leash. He also gets along pretty well with my resident pets. Not really interested in them.

He loves to be in your lap and snuggle with you when you are on the couch. He is still very affectionate. I have take him a couple of times in the car to pick up the kids from soccer or cheer practices. He loves it. He is such a sweetheart. I gave him a bath this morning even though he had one last week. He was starting to smell bad so i figured i would see how he would do for me in the tub. He was fine. He just stood there or sat down for the most part. He tried to get out on a couple of times, but that was it. I think he somewhat enjoyed it, so bathing was a breeze!! He doesn’t like to stay outside too long. He does his business and then wants to come right back in. lol so funny. One of the things that i really enjoy watching him do is after he wakes up from a nap and I take him out side to pee he stretches about 4-5 time and yawns. So funny!! I have to admit, that his demeanor has even surprised me on how well behaved he is. I can't wait to get more fosters!! 

 

Chris, this is a wonderful report.  Some of the PM survivors we rescue have a very hard time adjusting to even a human touch.  This lovely boy seems to have left those memories behind and loving every minute of being a happy and bouncing Boston. 
Thank you for showing him a happy and carefree life.

No comments: