UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Olive, a NEBTR Success Story

Hi,
My name is Olive.  I am a former NEBTR Foster dog.  I came into rescue through no fault of my own.  I came to this nice family's home over 6 years ago.  This family was my foster family.  I had many siblings I could play with.    At the time, my foster family  said I couldn't see very well. But I certainly got around ok!  By the time I was 7, I was completely blind.  But that didn't matter to my foster family!  They adopted me right away!   I will be 14 years old on May 5th, 2014. and I am still going strong.  
 
I live with 5 greyhounds and a couple of loud doxies!  My family says that I am a real trooper! I have to be living with all the brothers and sisters I have! 
 
My mommy says that I get around very well. She loves me so much despite my blindness.  She says that she is amazed at how fast I adapted to being blind and how fast I learned to get around in my environment.
 My brothers and sisters know I cannot see, they let me (for the most part) get away with a lot! (like walking on them, or bumping into them when it is time to eat)!  
 
I am so grateful for NEBTR and all they did for me in getting me to where I am so happy!  I love my family and I know they love me.   
 
Blindness isn't the end, it is just another chapter to be written.  Living with us fur kids that have special needs may be a bit challenging, but the rewards are spectacular! 
Thank you NEBTR and thank you mommy!! I love you all!

OLIVE

*side note*  Olive is just one of many NEBTR's special needs dogs that has lead a wonderful and fulfilling life.  Just because a dog may have an issue, doesn't mean that dog cannot be a great addition to any family.  Please consider a Special needs dog when adopting.  It will be very rewarding!  We know, Olive is such great dog and her disability has never slowed her down!
 
Thanks to Tammy Trivelpiece and family for all they have done for Olive.  They are the true meaning of rescue and they have given beautiful Olive the greatest gift of all - a family who loves her.
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's such a beautiful story, God Bless this family for giving her all the love she deserves, you are special people!