UA-45446743-1

Monday, February 23, 2015

Update on Bubba

Just wanted to update everyone on Bubba. His eye enucleation was successful. The doctor noted significant bleeding into the vitreous of the eye which was causing the glaucoma. This normally occurs with significant trauma or tumors. Thankfully the doctor found no tumors and there has been no trauma, just bumping into things. We discussed that perhaps it was just an anomaly (perhaps a thinning) in the vessel. The doctor gave me his lense. He said it was the thickest cataract he'd ever seen! My students were fascinated. (My coworkers less so.) I'm grooming some future veterinarians! Lol

Bubba was in a lot of pain the first night. He was not fond of the ice packs. The tramadol is helping. Last night he slept much better. I'm sleeping downstairs on the couch with him. The swelling is going down. Hopefully he'll have significant relief soon! I'll keep you posted!

Sandee Herrington

No comments: