UA-45446743-1

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Kayla Goes to the Rainbow Bridge

It is with a very heavy heart that I had to say goodbye to my Kayla this morning. She was 12 years old and was lovingly known by our family as "Crazy Kay". Kayla began her life as a puppy mill mama in Lancaster, PA. She was rescued by Northeast Boston Terrier Rescue and placed in the safe hands of Tami Nicaise as a foster dog at age 4. We adopted Kayla following the passing of our Samma 8 years ago to help ease Sabbie's broken heart. Kayla was super quirky and quickly latched onto Gracie Pickles (another mill mama) that we adopted three months after Kayla came to live with us. Kayla and Gracie Pickles have been best friends for 8 years...and Gracie took over as Kayla's eyes when she went blind three years ago. They shared a bed crate and were always together. Some of Kayla's favorite things were white bread snacks, digging through trash, snuggling in baskets and her recognizable bark of "Let me Out". Kayla hated duck, it was the ONLY thing that she ever turned her nose away from. We are going to miss Crazy Kay. Thank you Tami and NEBTR for giving her a chance at life and bringing her into my life. I'm forever thankful...my floors are not....lol. RIP my Kayla

Amy Angelo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.. They do take our hearts with them when they leave us.. Thank you for giving her such a great life.