UA-45446743-1

Monday, March 30, 2015

More on Foster Vegas



Vegas has been with us for a week now.  I have however had the wonderful pleasure of really getting to know this amazing guy. I thought fostering a deaf dog would be a real challenge - and I was so dead wrong!

He follows me everywhere, allows me to pick him up and carry him and sits near me often. Obviously, trust is critical with this guy and he seems to latch on to one person. I have not had much time with him while he has been with us, as I have had to travel a bit. But patience is key with this guy and when I am with him I am firm but loving and patient with him as best I can be. He is a bit grouchy and has no problem letting you know when he does not like something or wants something. He is quite vocal for being deaf. We are working on manners and fine tuning some basic sign language so we can communicate with him properly. He seems to be learning quickly in a short time. He is a smart dog!

He is a playful fella for a 10yr old and has more spunk than my 2.5 yr old Boston. He has been able to co-exist with my guy this weekend as we did a more formal introduction. So far so good! Seems to do ok with other dogs. Has a very good appetite and really enjoys going outdoors.    We walk our dogs often - so he seems to be getting used to & enjoying the walking schedule. 

Judy Liu

Thank you for all that you are doing for Vegas!! He doesn't look like he is 10 years old :-)

No comments: