UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hello from Foster Holden








Hello friends!! It's me, Holden! I've been in foster care for about a month now and I'm doing great! My foster mom took me to the vet the other day and I was nervous but did just fine. Mom suspected I had a skin problem due to yeast since I was scratching a lot and there was swelling and a few swollen lymph nodes. Another sure sign was my smell...mom can bathe me and a day later I have a very distinct, very pungent smell that takes a lot of scrubbing to even get off her hands after the pets me.

I don't mean to be so smelly but mom still loves me and thinks I'm the cutest! She switched my food over to a limited ingredient formula without any potatoes and grains to get my omegas back to a normal level and get the yeast problem under control. The vet agreed that that's what she thinks it is as well so she also gave me a medicated shampoo that mom has to let sit on me for TEN MINUTES! Pure Torture in that tub!!!

She does have to do it three times in the first week alone. Wahhhh! And then only once a week and that should get rid of that pesky fungal yeast on my skin. And the food switch should do the rest! But my body is currently detoxing from the old food I was eating before I came into foster care so it should be another week before I feel the results. I can't wait!

Otherwise, I'm doing great and mom said I'll be up for adoption soon!!! She wants to keep me but I get really nervous around the other dogs in the house. I'm not aggressive towards them and if they're calm I don't mind them sleeping with me as long as mom or dad is snuggling me too. When they bark I get a little uncomfortable and nervous so we can't be left unsupervised together ever. I'm not used to the other dogs in the house either so I'm possessive over my food. If there's food in my dish I guard my gate and can get a little growly. I'd prefer a home by myself or with a very timid and low key dog.

I'm potty trained and have very good manners! I'm shy around new people but after a few minutes I warm up and do my happy dance!! I'm attaching a few pictures of me as well! One from my bath tonight and just a few other model shots! Thanks friends!

Holden & Shawna

No comments: