UA-45446743-1

Monday, April 20, 2015

Zeke's Progress


Hello,

Zeke is an amazing little boy for a puppy mill dog. He is functioning very well with just his right eye and the swelling around the left eye, which was removed on April 10th, is about down to normal. He is a very happy boy and loves going outside and lying in the sun. He goes into his kennel all by himself whenever he wants to nap. I leave the door open so he can go in and out when he wants to. If I have to go out and when I go to bed, he needs some coaxing but he does go in easily.

And the biggest thing of all …… HE GOES OUTSIDE TO POTTY!!!  He has not had an “accident” in the house in about 1 week now. He does still have a belly band on when he is in the house. When he is done going outside he comes running to me hopping around very proud of himself. He has also learned “come here”, “sit” and “off”. He learns very quickly and seems to enjoy our little sessions which I keep to about 10 to 15 minutes.  Zeke is also learning patience. He started out trying to get my pets food and treats. He has learned to wait his turn. Sometimes he will attempt to grab but one look from me and he stops. This Friday he gets his cone off and then I will schedule his neuter and dental work. All in all I am very pleased with his progress.

Regards,

Sandy

Sandy, what a great update!  It sounds like he's settling in very nicely, learning some things and feeling pretty good.  Thanks so much for taking such good care of him.

No comments: