UA-45446743-1

Monday, September 14, 2015

Vegas Has a Forever Home


I wanted to provide an update on our Foster, Vegas. It is with very sad news that my husband and I must close our doors to any future fosters.

After careful consideration, my husband and I have decided to adopt Vegas and officially call him "ours". We were warned that this might happen - we just did not realize that it would be with VEGAS!!! Vegas has been with us since March of this year - and boy it was not easy as some of you may remember. Vegas has come a long way since day 1. With a combination of being deaf, a senior and having many behavioral issues - this guy was going to be a tough foster to place. Having said that, Vegas is quite unique and has earned a special place in my heart.  I dedicated so much time into the process with him, that I have completely fallen in love with this boy! Who would have guessed he would be the one...

It's important to us that he spend the rest of his life comfortable, happy and ridiculously loved. We did not feel comfortable moving him on to a new home with the potential of a disaster to adjust. I don't know if anyone would have seen the potential in Vegas via a phone conversation, or pet finder - as he is a dog you have to experience first hand. And even then - it might not have been so pleasant. But he grows on you - then latches on and loves you unconditionally.

We started off this process wanting a young dog and companion for our 3 yr old Boston. Consideration of ever adopting a senior dog was way on the bottom of our list. But I am so glad we were exposed to this experience - as we would have never met Vegas. At 10 yrs old, Vegas has given our 3 yr old Boston a run for his money! They are great companions and trust one another 100%.

I am glad we fostered and gave Vegas a chance - we could not have asked for a better NEW family member!!


Thank you so much and for letting me be part of the family at NEBTR!


​Judith
*Fur ever mom to Kai Xin​ & NOW Vegas!


A VERY huge congratulations to both your family and Vegas!!!!
That little dude hit the Doggie Powerball when you jumped in to foster!
I have 2 little NEBTR boys who are deaf.  I wouldn't take anything in the world for them.
Joy
 
 Congratulations to the happy forever family!  And thank you for providing love, care, and security to this guy, you're a winner!
jeanne dross aka Rosie's mom, mother of Abigail and foster Hercules
 
What a beautiful sentiment you have written about Vegas. How wonderful
of you and your husband to help Vegas with his issues and love and
care for him. We are so happy that you have decided to make him a
family member.
Bless you Both,
Victoria

 

No comments: