UA-45446743-1

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Get Well Abigail



My forever girl, Abigail, had surgery today for patella luxation.  The surgery went well, she was operated on by Dr Tom Bowersox DVM, board certified for surgery, recommended by my vet.  Unfortunately, he noted that she has severe arthritic changes and erosion of the cartilage in the left patella; she will be starting on Desuquin to help rebuild the cartilage.  Recovery will be longer than  anticipated, possibly three months.

So my baby girl, three and a half years old, will be OK.  Meanwhile, I'll be carrying her around for awhile.  I've attached a picture of Abigail with Santa so you all can see how adorable she is.  By the way, we've both gained weight due to our mutual lack of activity...

Jeanne Dross aka Rosie's mom, mother of Abigail

Send get well wishes to Abigail.  A rescue herself, she has been the awesome big sister to a number of NEBTR rescues, showing them the ropes.

No comments: