UA-45446743-1

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update on Bear



It was a happy day for Bear's new family--I took Bear (my foster) to meet his people today in Mt. Holly (they came down from NY, and I drove up from Newark, DE to meet them). I think he'll be very happy with his people--thank you Robin for suggesting them! Of the family's three children (ages 10, 11, and 13), I think their son (the 10-year-old) was the most intrigued. Bear will now have five people to dote on him. He will have lots of room to run, and a vacation cottage on a lake--very nice!!!

I encouraged the family to call me if they have any questions. But I couldn't wait to hear how things had gone, so shortly after I got home, I called them to get a report. They said Bear rode all the way home very quietly in his crate (which was right in the middle of their three children where they had removed a seat in their van). He sniffed all around their home. They have baby gates to keep him confined to a couple of rooms unless someone is supervising him in the other rooms. (Probably a wise idea, since at about 17 months he's still a puppy and likes to chew things quite a bit.) I asked them to take a picture of the family with Bear in the photo and to email it to me. (The battery for my digital camera wasn't working when I went to take the photo--rats!.)

Bear is such a loving soul--all three of us (Chelsea, Panda, and I) will miss his silly antics and happy energy. I tried to make the transition easier for him by sending along food and snacks that he had become accustomed to. In addition to a 6 pound bag of California Natural dry dog food, I gave his new family a box of Meaty Bone Milkbones (the ones with the Boston on the front), a Hartz chew toy (a hard plastic bone-shaped thing that has nubby parts in the middle--both my dogs love them), a bone (sanitized one that had some filler in it), and a blanket for his crate, in addition to the crate that his surrendering family had supplied (plus the toys they had sent).

It was the beginning of a new and happy forever home for little Bear.

Shawna and Bostons Chelsea and Panda plus Orange Tabbies Elvis and Oliver

No comments: